SPARKS FLY AT THE GUY FAWKES’ TRIBUNAL!
Remember, remember, the 5th of November, gunpowder treason and plot ……. But imagine what might happen in present day to Guy and his fellow conspirators – here what it could look like ….
· Guy would have had protection under religious discrimination laws due to his opposing views to the incumbent King (Catholic versus Protestant) – so it would have been wiser for Guy to put his grievances in writing first and have them dealt with that way.
· Although conversely, his dismissal (or in his case being hung, drawn and quartered) would have a potential sanction for the lack of risk assessment and method statement when dealing with high explosives and gunpowder – had he been trained in Health and Safety issues?
· He was discovered in a dark, dank cellar with all of his gunpowder and matches, but he had been there in excess of the 48 hour Working Time Directive legislation – had he signed a Working Time Directive Opt Out Form?
· Was Guy bullied into being the one to light the match at the right time? Was he being harassed by someone to “prove himself”?
· Clearly there was an issue of poor communications and lack of team dynamics in the group as he was caught!
· Also, Guy did not act alone and a full-scale investigation should have taken place prior to any disciplinary sanction (or in his case death sentence) being evoked as opposed to torture in the Tower of London. The tribunal would not see this as reasonable actions of the employer to elicit a confession!
So if you know of any businesses that feel like they are losing the plot when dealing with their workforce, get them to give the HR Dept a call!
CAP BUSINESS CLUBS BLOG
Visit us on Facebook - We always appreciate any "Likes"
T: 01594 723120
M: 07811 981929
The Main Place
Old Station Way