It’s Illegal to eat Mince Pies on Christmas Day!
I suspect that most of us would like to consider ourselves to be upright, law abiding citizens. However you may just discover that in fact you are a serial offender...
Here are a few bizarre laws that remain on our statute book and could still get you arrested!
1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
2. In the Cathedral Close of Hereford it is legal to shoot a Welshman with a long bow.
3. In Scotland it is an offence to be drunk in charge of a cow.
4. It is illegal to have a pigsty in front of your house. A good excuse to keep your front garden neat and tidy!
5. Under the terms of the Protection of Wrecks Order 2003, a person shall not enter the hull of the Titanic without permission of the Secretary of State.
6. In London it is illegal for cab drivers to transport rabid dogs and corpses.
7. It is an offence to beat or shake your carpet, mat or rug. You may beat your doormat but only before 8am.
8. It is illegal to sing any profane or obscene song in the street. Try telling that to certain football fans!
9. It is illegal to gamble in a library. No internet poker then on the library computers!
And the one I find the most ridiculous:
10. It is illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas Day! Apparently we have Oliver Cromwell to blame for this. He banned these yummy treats when he was trying to tackle rising gluttony.
Now you know, you have no excuse....
CAP BUSINESS CLUBS BLOG
Visit us on Facebook - We always appreciate any "Likes"
T: 01594 723120
M: 07811 981929
The Main Place
Old Station Way